Corona warning light: Situation and current measures in Mainz
Generally the current Corona Control Legal Regulation of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate (CoBeLVO) applies. Depending on the level of infection, additional measures will be decided on the basis of the Rhineland-Palatinate warning and action plan for Mainz (Allgemeinverfügung).
The current situation in Mainz: Phase Red
In the last days, the critical level - i.e. the number of new infections per 100,000 inhabitants per week - in the state capital of Mainz was over 50. Based on the Corona Warning and Action Plan for Rhineland-Palatinate and the decisions of the management unit of the state capital of Mainz, the red phase of the Covid 19-warning light thus applies.
The warning and action plan RLP has three stages:
- Yellow: The critical level of 20 cases per 100,000 inhabitants is exceeded on more than 5 days
- Orange: the critical level of 35 cases per 100,000 inhabitants is exceeded on more than 5 days
- Red: the critical level of 50 cases per 100,000 inhabitants is exceeded on more than 5 days
General ruling (Allgemeinverfügung)
The following measures were decided for the city of Mainz, which supplement the current Corona Control Legal Regulation of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate (Rechtsverordnung) (CoBeLVO). You will find a link to the corresponding general ruling (German) further down on this page.
- In the pedestrian zones of Mainz's old town and on the station forecourt, masks are mandatory on all days except Sundays and public holidays between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Street vending and the yard sale of open alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
The management unit of the state capital Mainz will continuously monitor further developments in the spread of coronavirus infections and adapt the measures decided accordingly (Allgemeinverfügung). The management unit will meet at close intervals for this purpose.
Corona Control Legal Regulation of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate (Rechtsverordnung)
Since 2 November 2020, the Twelfth Corona Control Legal Regulation of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate (CoBeLVO) (12. CoBeLVO) has been in force. It is limited until 30 November 2020. Important novelties are:
- Stay in public only with members of one's own household plus one other household (maximum 10 persons)
- Waiver of unnecessary private travel and visits. Accommodation offers in Germany are only permitted for necessary and expressly non-touristic purposes.
- Closure of leisure facilities such as fitness studios, amusement parks, cinemas, concert halls, museums, saunas, casinos, amusement arcades, swimming and fun pools, theaters and betting offices. Individual sport remains possible alone, in pairs or with your own household.
- Closure of restaurants, bars, pubs, clubs and similar establishments. Deliveries and collections remain possible.
- Schools and daycare centers remain open, depending on the incidence of infection.
- The retail trade remains open under certain conditions: A maximum of one customer per 10 sqm sales area.
- Closed: Beauty salons, massage parlors and tattoo studios.
- Remain open: Physio-, ergo-, and logo-therapies as well as medical foot care and hairdressing salons.
- Employers should enable home offices wherever feasible. Hygiene concepts are necessary in any case to avoid contacts at work.
Employees of the Mainz city administration may also be affected by the effects of the current situation. Therefore longer processing times are possible. We kindly ask for your understanding.
The city administration asks to limit visits to the administrative buildings to what is absolutely necessary and to follow hygiene requirements during the visits. Meetings are only possible by prior arrangement. The colleagues in the individual offices can still be reached by telephone.