Corona warning light: Situation and current measures in Mainz
Generally the current Corona Control Legal Regulation of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate (CoBeLVO) applies. Depending on the level of infection, additional measures will be decided on the basis of the Rhineland-Palatinate warning and action plan for Mainz (Allgemeinverfügung).
The current situation in Mainz: Phase Red
In the last days, the critical level - i.e. the number of new infections per 100,000 inhabitants per week - in the state capital of Mainz was well over 50*. Thus the red phase of the Covid 19-warning light thus applies in Mainz.
The warning and action plan RLP has three stages:
- Yellow: The critical level of 20 cases per 100,000 inhabitants is exceeded on more than 5 days
- Orange: the critical level of 35 cases per 100,000 inhabitants is exceeded on more than 5 days
- Red: the critical level of 50 cases per 100,000 inhabitants is exceeded on more than 5 days
*current case numbers can be found on the website of the Ministry of Social Affairs, Labor, Health and Demography of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate and on the website of the responsible health office in Mainz-Bingen:
General ruling (Allgemeinverfügung)
The following measures were decided for the city of Mainz, which supplement the current Corona Control Legal Regulation of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate (Rechtsverordnung) (CoBeLVO). You will find a link to the corresponding general ruling (German) further down on this page. The general ruling is in effect initially until the end of January 31, 2021.
- In the pedestrian zones of Mainz's old town and on the station forecourt, masks are mandatory on all days except Sundays and public holidays between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Pick-up services and yard sales of open or opened alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
The management unit of the state capital Mainz will continuously monitor further developments in the spread of coronavirus infections and adapt the measures decided accordingly (Allgemeinverfügung). The management unit will meet at close intervals for this purpose.
Corona Control Legal Regulation of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate (Rechtsverordnung)
The Fifteenth Corona Control Legal Regulation of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate (15th CoBeLVO) has been in effect since January 11, 2021. It is limited until January 31, 2021 (link to the entire 15th CoBeLVO below). Important changes:
- Tighter contact restrictions apply: In public space, meetings are only with persons of one's own household and with one other person. This does not include children up to and including 6 years of age. By way of exception, the presence of several minors from another household is permitted if it is otherwise not possible to provide appropriate care while exhausting all reasonable possibilities.
- If the 7-day incidence in a Rhineland-Palatinate municipality exceeds 200 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants, the radius of movement can be restricted to 15 km by the municipality concerned. This is not yet the case for Mainz (as of January 11, 2021).
Employees of the Mainz city administration may also be affected by the effects of the current situation. Therefore longer processing times are possible. We kindly ask for your understanding.
The city administration asks to limit visits to the administrative buildings to what is absolutely necessary and to follow hygiene requirements during the visits. Meetings are only possible by prior arrangement. The colleagues in the individual offices can still be reached by telephone.