Corona FAQs (COVID-19)
The safety of our visitors and employees is our top priority. In order to make a visit to the exhibition possible even during the Corona pandemic, the Gutenberg-Museum has developed a hygiene concept in accordance with the official regulations. It ensures the safety of your visit to the museum, the Print Shop and the Gutenberg Library.
Hygiene and social distancing measures
The following regulations apply to visits to the Gutenberg- Museum, its Print Shop and the Gutenberg Library during the Corona Pandemic:
1) In the premises of the Gutenberg Museum, the Print Shop and the Gutenberg Library visitors and staff are obliged to wear a mouth and nose protection (mask). If a medical certificate proves that a guest cannot wear a mouth and nose protection for health reasons, a visit to the museum is still possible. On request, the medical certificate must be presented to the cashiers and supervisors.
2) Please observe a minimum distance of 1.5 to 2 meters in all rooms of the museum. Corresponding distance markings in the ticket office area as well as information signs are posted.
3) In order to guarantee the minimum distance, maximum visitor limits have been set for the areas of the museum, the Print Shop and the Gutenberg Library. Our supervison staff members check that the maximum number of visitors is observed and, if necessary, regulate visitor traffic.
4) A guidance system will take you through the Gutenberg Museum and the printing shop. Please follow the signposts.
5) In order to trace possible chains of infection, visitors are asked to leave their contact details when entering the museum. The provision of this data is voluntary. The collected data will be stored for 21 days and then destroyed. Within the framework of the duty to inform under data protection law in accordance with Art. 13 DSGVO, the persons concerned are informed about the processing of personal data.
6) Please observe the signs in the museum regarding the applicable rules of hygiene and conduct.
Guided tours, workshops and library use
Tours, workshops and mediation services can still be offered to you under the following conditions:
Guided tours and workshops at the Gutenberg Museum:
- Group sizes for guided tours of the museum's permanent and special exhibitions are limited to a maximum of 4 persons from different households and are only possible by prior arrangement.
- The printing demonstrations at the historical printing press in the basement of the museum are limited to a maximum of 5 persons from different households.
- The film screenings in the lecture hall are limited to a maximum of 5 persons from different households. The frequency of the screenings will also be increased for you.
- The Family Sunday can now be offered with a maximum of 4 participating children from different households (+ max. 1 accompanying person per child).
Workshops in the print store:
- Workshops in the print store can take place with max. 4 persons from different households.
- Children's birthdays in the print store can be held with max. 4 children from different households (+ max. 2 adult accompanying persons).
Use of the Gutenberg Library:
- For working in the Gutenberg Library, prior registration by telephone or e-mail is necessary to plan and maintain the officially prescribed minimum distances.
We thank you for your understanding!